e-bock

Ebusco announces the introduction of a new generation of CSS charging sockets for electric vehicles, developed with its supplier Phoenix. This socket is able to charge up to 500 Amps with HPC (High Performance Charging) technology (i.e. 240 kW).

ebusco phoenix socket

Ebusco, the focus is on depot charging

The novelty is dedicated to those e-buses that need to drive over 350 km a day, or e-buses that need some extra battery capacity for electrical heating at low outside temperatures. In fact, Ebusco is not offering quick charging on its electric bus range. The Dutch company has always believed in and focussed on depot charging (a choice made also, for instance, by the German producer MAN for its Lion’s City E range).

In the Netherlands, according to a study from Crow, around 65% of all public transport buses are able to drive the whole day without recharging. However, Ebusco highlights, «with this new technology even the other 35% can also keep on driving all day, without requiring investment in new infrastructure such as opportunity charging systems in the streets. This saves time (in terms of permits, hardware and hours of work) and money (infrastructure investment and maintenance) and avoids complaints from residents».

Highlights

Yutong Xiaoyu 2.0 autonomous bus wins the 2021 Red Dot Award

The Yutong Xiaoyu 2.0 has been awarded the design prize 2021 Red Dot Award. Developed by the Chinese group – the largest bus builder in the world for production volumes -, the 5.5-meter shuttle bus stands out for being the world’s first autonomous bus recognized by world-class industrial desig...

Related articles

Siemens to power Bernmobil electric bus network

Siemens has been awarded a contract by Bernmobil, the Swiss capital’s public transport company, to supply charging infrastructure solutions for the operation of 14 new electric buses (they are going to be delivered by Irizar e-mobility). These are to be deployed on Lines 19 and 21 beginning in early...

ABB will be powering 1,000 e-buses in Qatar

ABB has won a contract to design, supply, test and commission a new high-power charging infrastructure for one of the world’s largest fleet of electric buses, that is bound to be in operation during FIFA World Cup 2022. ABB will supply over 125 MW of charging capacity, 1,300 connectors for destinati...