Busworld South East Asia 2019
March 20 - March 22
BUSWORLD SOUTH EAST ASIA 2019 will be ASEAN’s largest gathering for bus & coach platform.
BUSWORLD is the world’s largest B2B exhibition for the bus and coach industry, exhibiting buses, coaches and minibuses, as well as parts, components and services.
The first Busworld exhibition took place 46 years ago in the city of Kortrijk in Belgium in 1971 and Busworld South East Asia is the 7th exhibition on the current Busworld calendar next to Turkey, India, Russia, China, Central Asia and Latin America.
During every exhibition, Busworld Academy, Busworld’s knowledge platform, organizes seminars to connect the local industry with Busworld’s international network of specialized experts.
The first South East Asia will be taking place from March 20 – 22, 2019 at Jakarta International Expo (JIEXPO) Kemayoran – Jakarta, a perfect place for an exhibition in a venue built to international standards. This exhibition is an exclusive marketplace and a unique opportunity to network, learn and source new technology, launch/promote new products and also an ideal platform to find more technologies and services from the bus and coach industry.
WHY BUSWORLD SOUTH EAST ASIA 2019
The relevance of an international specialized B2B event for bus and coach professionals in South East Asia is clear, when taking a look at the following market factors:
- Growing bus sales: in Indonesia alone a prognosis of 6,700 new vehicles in 2020 (2015: 6,100 new vehicles)
- Development of tourism with double decker buses since 2016
- The current bus fleet is old and needs renewal. As regulation of Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia will regulate bus and coach age. The regulation of bus age is to a maximum of 25 years and tourism bus (coach) to 10 years. According to police records that there are over 500,000 units of bus in operation (on the road) and 35% of bus is over 20 years age. So Indonesia will need over 200,000 units of new bus to replace old buses.
- Indonesia has planned for procurement of 3,000 new buses to 34 provinces for BRT system until 2019. The procurement of 200 units of new bus will be opened by early 2019.
Indonesia is aiming to 20 million visitors by the end of 2019. There have 10 new destinations ready now. In order to serve the number of visitors, the travel companies are predicting to add 5,000 new coaches until 2019.
- Due to traffic congestion by cars, the government is continuously improving the public transport system with for example a Bus Rapid Transit system in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Solo and many Province in Indonesia